So, you’ve just met someone interesting, and greeted them. But which country are they from? And how can you let them you where you are from—and also tell them about your nationality?
In this Podcast, you will learn:
1. How to ask someone where they are from
2. How to tell people your origin or nationality
Chinese words and phrases mentioned in this Podcast:
1. 你来自哪里？Where are you from?
2. 我来自(美国): I am from (the U.S.A)
3. 我是（美国）人：I am (American)
4. 你呢？And you? Note: some country names in Chinese: 美国（the U.S.A.）, 英国（UK）, 澳大利亚（Australia） If you want to say both the city and country you are from, you should say country + city; for example, 我来自中国北京。 I am from Beijing, China.
Mandarin Chinese learning resources we recommend:
Using Italki, a unique system of learning Mandarin Chinese where you interact with real teachers, is widely recognised as an effective way to learn a new language! You’ll make more progress and learn how native Chinese speakers really speak. Plus, Italki is more affordable than offline tutors, offline schools and software, and is convenient to use at your own pace and place!
Keats Chinese School, which was founded in 2004, is one of the top Mandarin Chinese language schools in China, offering both one-on-one immersion Mandarin courses and small group Chinese classes. Located in Kunming, Keats develops personalised exercises and materials for students to meet their learning goals and requirements and can arrange a student visa for its 16 week course.