In China, you’ll probably be meeting friends, colleagues and some new people on a regular basis. How are you going to greet them at different times of the day or night? Make sure you know what to say—and at the right time of the day.
In this Podcast you will learn:
1. How to greet people at different times of the day
2. How to greet people naturally, more like a native speaker
Chinese words and phrases mentioned in this Podcast:
1. 早上，中午，下午，晚上：morning, noon, afternoon, evening
2. 早上好 or 上午好：Good morning
3. 早：Morning – casual way to say good morning
4. 早安：Another way to say good morning
5. 中午好：Good afternoon（usually refers to 11:00am-2:00pm）
6. 下午好：Good afternoon (usually refers to 2:00pm-5:00pm)
7. 晚上好：Good evening
8. 晚安：Good night
Mandarin Chinese learning resources we recommend:
Using Italki, a unique system of learning Mandarin Chinese where you interact with real teachers, is widely recognised as an effective way to learn a new language! You’ll make more progress and learn how native Chinese speakers really speak. Plus, Italki is more affordable than offline tutors, offline schools and software, and is convenient to use at your own pace and place!
Keats Chinese School, which was founded in 2004, is one of the top Mandarin Chinese language schools in China, offering both one-on-one immersion Mandarin courses and small group Chinese classes. Located in Kunming, Keats develops personalised exercises and materials for students to meet their learning goals and requirements and can arrange a student visa for its 16 week course.